From children to adults, people of all ages love video games and adding in-game mechanics across different tasks. Educational games offer instant gratification, dopamine release, rewards, and badges.
Gamification has now gone beyond just pure entertainment and has been used inside of learning and in the modern workplace. Many different statistics positively show the benefits of increased engagement and teamwork that come into place.
Gamification has been shown to improve employee productivity and motivation drastically. Gamifying the workplace, from sales to operation, is not a new trend anymore and is in fact, increasing by the year.
To read about gamification implementation, read our blog: What Is Gamification And Why It Works?
From rewards, points, levels, badges and leaderboards to even branded mini-games, that result in increased job engagement, motivation and satisfaction, the gist is: gamification motivates millions of employees worldwide!
Let’s go over this in greater depth and respond to some widely asked questions.
How does Gamification/Game-based learning affect employee motivation and satisfaction?
Employees ought to feel that their efforts are being acknowledged.
In the past, promotions were the top way to reward and recognize high-performing employees. However, promotions become banal after a while and are not deemed sustainable in the long term.
Gamification is an excellent answer to this. Gamifying the workplace creates in-house competitions that help support learners’ motivations throughout the week. Here are a few ways it helps accomplish this:
- Control and Self Pride: Productivity and self-control go hand in hand. When employees see actual improvement, they feel a sense of satisfaction; and appreciation in front of the whole company through leaderboard ranking results in the motivation to prevail.
- Leaderboards: Gamification goals increase motivation with leaderboards. They provide innate motivation and extraneous motivation and recognition when they are winning.
Giving an employee a bird’s-eye perspective of their current progress compared to others, permits them to understand where they stand in terms of their recent progress and how much more they need to achieve to triumph the scores of their peers.
If they are a few places below someone, it brings about a fun competition to see who can obtain the top spot.
- Daily to-do checklists: Daily to-do lists with attributes and progress bars permit employees to know and comprehend how they are progressing and how much additional they can go.
- Real-Time Feedback: The team will all have the clarity of knowing where the rest of the team is in terms of results.
How does Gamification/ Digital Game-Based Learning make Employees Happier and Satisfied?
Here are some more specific statistics:
- 48% of employees have noted that gamification goals work and boost engagement
- 72% have consented that gamification encourages them to work harder.
To recap, gamification creates happier employees, which improves encouragement and concentration, productivity, and the company bottom line.
Gamification/ Digital Game-based learning can affect your employee’s motivation in an exceptionally positive way. Using gamified elements such as leaderboards, badges, points, and explorations, can assist keep your employees focused and task/achievement-oriented. Gamification’s effect in the workplace has statistically increased engagement by up to 48%. Are you interested in learning more? Contact eVULX today.